A Jew and a Gentile Discuss
#28 | Anti-Semitism Exposed, Why the Hate?
Wait, don’t click away. We know. We know. There are a lot of important “isms” out there, and many are in the news these days. So, why should you give this particular one your attention?
You might think anti-Semitism isn’t really a problem anymore, post-Holocaust, but hang on a sec. Give a listen, and find out more. You’ll probably hear things you’ve never heard before, plus some powerful insights into how good people can be swayed into unfortunate beliefs.
In this episode of A Jew and A Gentile Discuss, Carly asks Ezra:
- The definition of anti-Semitism
- Where anti-Semitism stems from
- If it still exists today
- What the BDS Movement against Israel is
- If being anti-Israel is anti-Semitic
- Why anti-Semitism is a serious problem
- Reasons why a Christian should care about anti-Semitism
- What we can do about it
In turn, Ezra asks Carly to share what she has seen of anti-Semitism, and her answer holds a word of caution for all Believers.
Along the way
Along the way, you’ll learn about
- Three different definitions of anti-Semitism, from various sources, and the insightful nuances of each
- Three contexts of anti-Semitism, one that will probably surprise you
- A perhaps familiar saying that’s anti-Semitic at its root – and a good reply when you hear it
- How a narrative can persuade the masses if it’s simply said long enough and loudly enough
- Where anti-Semitic and anti-Israel beliefs diverge and where they can go hand-in-hand
- How it’s not anti-Semitic to disagree with an Israeli policy
- Biblical examples of anti-Semitism and a challenge to consider its real origin
- A victim of horrific anti-Semitism who Ezra met and the shocking response of her local authorities
- What you can do about anti-Semitism
- An encouragement for if you discover any misconceived notions toward the Jewish people in yourself
Words you might learn in this episode
Chutzpah, “The Jewish Problem,” Replacement Theology, BDS
Scriptures referenced in this episode
Genesis 3:15, Genesis 17:20–21, Genesis 25:23, Genesis 28:14–15, Malachi 1:2, 2 Timothy 1:10, Hebrews 2:14, Revelation 20:14, Romans 9:10–11
Want a free bag of amazing Ethiopian coffee? Enter our monthly drawing at www.ajewandagentilediscuss.org, and you could win a free bag of Lost Tribes Coffee Co. coffee.
The only way we’re able to continue providing these engaging conversations is through listener support. If you like tuning in to A Jew and A Gentile Discuss, would you consider supporting the podcast with a financial gift? Any amount – small or large – helps.
Subscribe and Review
You can subscribe to A Jew and A Gentile Discuss wherever you get your podcasts. Leaving a review will help others know to tune in too.
Share the podcast with people you know to spread the word about the podcast.
Follow and Engage
Follow and engage with us on social media under the handle @ajewandagentilediscuss.
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us some feedback or send in your questions for us to consider for future episodes.
Brought to you by Ezra and Carly of A Jew and a Gentile Discuss