A Jew and a Gentile Discuss
#39 | Compelled to Dwell – Moving Back to Israel Today
Maybe you’ve heard about it, maybe not. It’s called “aliyah,” and Jewish people from all over the world are doing it. What’s up with that?
Immigration is nothing new. Some people shift about the world, permanently making a new country their home. But there’s something unique about immigration to Israel. In this episode of A Jew and A Gentile Discuss, Carly and Ezra fill you in on the fascinating phenomenon of aliyah, Jewish immigration to Israel. They discuss:
- What the Hebrew word aliyah means and where the concept came from
- How aliyah is related to biblical references to God scattering the Jewish people
- Qualifications for immigration to Israel
- If Jewish believers in Jesus can immigrate to Israel
- Where Jewish people are coming from to make Israel their home
- If non-Jewish people who love Israel can immigrate there
- Why it’s important for listeners to understand and care about aliyah
Along the way
As they discuss, Ezra shares interesting details and sidenotes that give you a fuller understanding of all things aliyah, including:
- Wait, what? Israel doesn’t have a constitution?
- What going to the ancient Temple and reading a Torah passage in synagogue today have in common
- God’s faithfulness to His covenant and promises
- The job descriptions of the prophets Isaiah and Jeremiah
- How a person’s Jewishness is determined for immigration to Israel
- Israel’s Supreme Court and their involvement in aliyah decisions
- A curious aspect about the Israeli definition of “missionary”
- Why Orthodox Jews consider Messianic Jews a threat
Words you might learn in this episode
Aliyah, “the Jewish State,” Zionist leaders, parashiot, parasha, “making aliyah,” diaspora, Messianic Jews, olim
Scriptures referenced in this episode
Genesis 17:8, Genesis 26:1–6, Genesis 28:10–15, 2 Timothy 2:13, Jeremiah 29:14
Want more discussions?
You can subscribe to A Jew and A Gentile Discuss wherever you get your podcasts.
Win a Free Bag of Amazing Coffee
Do you like what you hear?
You know, the only way we can continue providing these engaging conversations is through listener support. If you like tuning in to A Jew and A Gentile Discuss, would you consider supporting the podcast with a financial gift? Any amount – small or large – helps. Thanks!
Sharing: It’s nice
Don’t keep us all to yourself! Share the podcast with people you know. Let them in on these exciting conversations, and spark some of your own discussions among friends. Leaving a review about A Jew and A Gentile Discuss will also help spread the word to others about the podcast.
Follow and Engage
Keep up with us by following and engaging with us on social media under the handle A Jew and A Gentile Discuss.
Do you have a comment or question?
We’d love to hear from you! Please leave us some feedback or send in your questions for us to consider for future episodes.
This podcast is a production of Jewish Voice Ministries International.
Brought to you by Ezra and Carly of A Jew and a Gentile Discuss